- The Tennis Ball Collecting Robot project began in the fall of 2009 as a fourth year Mechatronics Engineering design project at the University of Waterloo.
- In November of 2009 the UW Robotics Team generously sponsored the project by donating the Kodiak robotic platform to the team for the use of the project.
- In January of 2010 the Tennis Ball Collecting Robot because registered as a UW Robotics Team Project
- The project will be showcased at the UW Mechatronics Design Symposium on Monday March 22, 2010 1:00-5:00pm.
- The team consists of 11 students from the University of Waterloo – 3 founding members from the fourth year Mechatronics 2010 class and 8 new members from the UW Robotics Team.